Sunday, March 19, 2017

for one brief shining moment...

Brief definitely...my Camelot is about to fall.

So, March Madness has begun. As of the end of Saturday's games, I am currently the only one in first place. But since the Wisconsin Badgers beat the Villanova Wildcats, the team I had as winning the whole tournament, my lead (thanks to my picking Xavier to beat FSU) will be short-lived. Unless everyone else's chosen winner loses soon. You never know...

As you can see, Alex is tied for 8th (he picked Arizona to win), Hannah is tied for 16th (Butler). Glen* is tied for 22nd (Baylor). Eric is 37th (also Baylor). Andrew made a bracket, but it hasn't been added to the family group, Drink Milk, yet, so I don't know where he stands at this  point.

*Glen forgot to fill out a bracket. So his bracket is actually the second bracket I filled out...

There was an 80th birthday party for Uncle Jim on Friday night. Happy Birthday UJ!

Anyway, in other family news, Alex had another track meet yesterday...this will be happening every Saturday, with a few other days occasionally thrown in, until the beginning of May. This time the meet was in Yerington, about an hour drive from CCHS. He ran in 2 events, the 4 x 200 relay and the 400 meter race.

Due to confusion on which set of markers were to be used for the baton passing (being told by different people to use different colored markers), the relay did not go well and  he and his team were disqualified (he and another runner crashed and they both fell out of their lanes. ouch).

And, Saturday night Glen and I attended a potluck dinner at the Old Harmon School. Are you shocked? We attended a social of our own free will and accord. I knew next to no one, though. I knew David and Jackie, of course, but I only recognized 2 others by their last names. Glen obviously knew a lot more people than I did. It was a nice dinner and we had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment