Sunday, August 28, 2016

driving, gift basket, football, the garden, and cousins

Go to Ryan's blog to check out Eric's new mustache:
 http://currantbush-ryan.blogspot.com/2016/08/i-roll-my-own-sushi.html

Tomorrow is Adam's birthday. Eat a pineapple in remembrance. We miss him!


Learner's Permit:
Yes, here I am in the back seat while Alex drives Glen and me all around delivering zucchini from our garden as a family activity. We just have too much fun.

Gift Basket:
When I told Glen that he won the gift basket for school district employees that the Fallon Food Hub put together, he said that he must have been the only one to swing by and enter the drawing because he says he never wins anything. I don't know if he was the only one, but it was a great basket and I'm glad he won.

local raw honey, apricot preserves, and cantaloupe jam were just a few of the items


Freshmen Football:
Two of my seminary students, Zeke and Ben, are on the freshmen football team and they invited me to their first game. It was against the Fernley Vaqueros. Wow, did I have a blast. First we scored, then they did, and it went back and forth. It wasn't until the last few minutes of the game that I finally figured the vaqueros couldn't pull themselves out of the hole. We won 37-53.



The Garden:
It's finally started to produce ripe tomatoes, plus we ate our first watermelon out of it. It was quite good.

Cousins:
Kathy brought Becky to college, so they had a cousins game night, of course!




Henry, Heather, Andrew, Becky, Megan, Amanda, Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment