Alex traveled to Truckee on Thursday for another tennis match. He and his doubles partner, Ryan, won their match! Congratulations boys!
All is right with the world...those are the words that came to my mind on Thursday when Eric O. and Jiaxin were over visiting with Ryan. The next day was Eric's birthday, so we had a little celebration. Three-four years ago Eric and Jiaxin were often at our house--then it was college and missions for Jiaxin and Ryan so Eric didn't come over anymore. Having them both come over brought such a sense of ... satisfaction? contentment? I wish I were better with words. It was just great.
 |
| Eric and Jiaxin in their typical photo poses with Ryan looking a bit GQ |
With Thursday bringing reunions, Friday brought departures. Ryan and Jiaxin...and Hannah...left for Utah. Hannah is just there for the weekend. Ryan and Jiaxin spent one day there (Ryan seeing an "old" missionary companion) and then traveled up to BYU-I yesterday. Other than that they arrived safely, I have not had any news from Ryan. He doesn't know his roommates this semester, so I'm very interested in hearing a report.
 |
| and they're off... |
Jennifer, Terra, DonNell and I drove to Reno on Friday night since we were going to the hot air balloon races on Saturday morning--Saturday being Jennifer's birthday and the hot air balloon races her chosen way to celebrate this year. The activities started at 5:15 with the Dawn Patrol and Glow Show before the mass ascension. I have been to the balloon races before, but it still is a very fabulous experience. The weather was perfect and it was a gorgeous morning.
 |
| Elvis was my favorite...I saw it on the ground and couldn't figure out what it was |
I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment