| Wish we lived closer to this boy as I need to kiss those cheeks |
![]() |
| Kathy's offering |
| Don't know what the cousins are doing here... |
| Visiting friends (Nathan) was on Hannah's agenda, too |
Hannah went to Utah this weekend to help surprise cousin Becky for her birthday. I'm so jealous. At least I get pictures!
Alex had a Court of Honor on Thursday where he received the rank of Star. The next stop is Life scout and then Eagle. Keep up the good work Alex!
I wasn't there because I had taken Eric to his institute and pathways class in Reno. My seminary coordinator, Brother McDuffie, teaches Eric's institute class and invited me to sit in any time I wanted. I had planned on working on my seminary lessons for next week while I was waiting for Eric, but I decided that it would be a great learning experience for me to study how Bro. McDuffie teaches, so I went to institute. It was excellent. I'm so glad he invited me to come listen. I'm really working on being a better teacher and seeing good examples is so helpful.
Thanks to Jason posting things on Facebook, we've been able to see a few pictures of Ryan. Looks like he's having fun. (hoping he is also studying in between the fun times)
![]() |
| Jason, Ryan, Chalea, and Travis |
![]() |
| Travis, Thu, Jason, and Ryan |
The Women's Conference broadcast last night was so uplifting. Our niece, Jessica, sang in the choir and was on the screen for a few seconds. That was neat.
I was taking notes, but don't have the full quotes of my favorite lines. Pres. Uchtdorf gave my favorite:
Everything else in the gospel--all the shoulds and the musts and the thou shalts--lead to love.
I also liked Sister Reeves' quote about how our vision of blessings must be the central focus of our eyes daily (to help us remain on the path).
and
Contact with things below Heavenly Father's standards weakens us.
Sister Wixom talked about "Therefore, what?" which is part of my seminary training, so I really liked that. Each lesson in my online training ends with "Therefore, what?" where we have to write what we are going to do with what we just learned. We need to find a way to make what we learned affect our lives. It also goes with my current quote at the head of my blog: "A change in seeing that does not also bring a change of doing amounts to no change at all."
Great conference session. Great week.



No comments:
Post a Comment