Saturday, August 8, 2015

Electric pressure cooker and new carpeting

Our week has been full.

I found out I will be teaching freshmen seminary again, though I won't know who or how many are in my class until Sunday night's Seminary Kick-Off (7 pm Tolas St building).

An interesting program note for Seminary--due to the charter school's 4 day school week, we will only be having seminary Mondays through Thursdays. I'm quite excited about it. They've added 15 minutes to those days (it will start at 6:45 instead of 7:00), so we actually will be spending 15 more minutes a week in seminary. I doubt I'll be able to sleep in on Fridays, but it will still be nice.

While I was at my mom's last month, I ordered an electric pressure cooker from Amazon that was on sale. It does more than just pressure cook. It can be used as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, and it can saute. It also has a yogurt setting, which I used today--it even scalds the milk for you.

I made my steel cut oats in it the other morning--no babysitting the oats while they cook. I've also made polenta and clam chowder in it. I love it. Check it out at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLYWNYQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Making yogurt
While I've been playing with my new toy and working on getting ready for Seminary, Glen and the boys have been busy ripping out our carpeting. We ordered the new carpet and flooring and they should arrive at the store maybe as early as Monday, but we don't know yet when it will all be installed.
the office and hallway after the guys got through with it

the family room is now full of the things we had to move

Ryan didn't get his bed back together in time for sleep the other night, so he slept on a chair. It didn't look comfy to me, but Chloe kept him company.
a boy and his sister's dog
And today is the last day of our 2nd "No Treats Challenge." Wow. I keep thinking how grateful I am that Hannah came up with that idea. Alex wants to wait until school starts before we have round 3. I think the boys might be planning on pigging out a bit this week. That's not my plan, but I'm definitely planning on having some Reese's cups.

And it sounds like Alex is planning on playing a lot of games this week and he is looking for other players. He wants me to invite you all to come and play with him...especially if you are a boy around his age and has the game "Ashes" to bring with you...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my Instant Pot!! I use it at least once most days.

    ReplyDelete