Andrew has been hired to teach at American Preparatory Academy in Draper, Utah! The first day of class is tomorrow (the 24th). Good luck Andrew!!!
He will teach 2 blocks of 8th grade lit, then have his prep, then teach a leadership class, ending his teaching day with 4 blocks of 9th grade composition. He says he is excited to have his first adult job (a job with benefits). We are excited for him, too.
| Wish they lived closer! |
Henry will be blessed in Mesa during Labor Day weekend. Can't wait to see Andrew, Heather, and Henry!
| Alex and Glen on the first day (Alex had to wear his metal and a tie...because he promised someone?) |
Hannah comes back from Oregon tomorrow and starts at TMCC on Tuesday. Ryan will go back to BYU-I around the 11th. It looks like Eric will be doing a special on-line program with BYU-I this semester. Hoping for great years for them as well.
Glen has 3 world history classes and 3 drama classes (beginning, advanced, and stagecraft). He has had a lot of homework this week, too. But that's par for the course for him. I think he'll have a good year, too.
I think I will have an excellent year. I only knew 3 of my 12 seminary students, but I have several who will participate and answer questions and voice opinions, so I think it will go well. I really do love the topic, Old Testament, and the church has such amazing resources. It really is the best calling for me.
Wednesday was my mother's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! Wish I could have been there, but I am glad that Hannah was.
Over the past few weeks, we've had some good run-ins with nature. We went out and watched the Perseid meteor shower 3 different nights...including at 3 am and at 1 am. Crazy, but so worth it. I saw a total of 46 meteors. I don't know why it is so thrilling for me, but it really is. There wasn't a moon and the sky was so clear--we were lucky not to have cloud coverage. Wish I could have taken photos.
Glen and I saw 3 wild turkeys on one of our walks recently and then they showed up in our yard the other day, so I was able to get photo proof of their existence. Seems to be a mom and 2 juveniles.
| momma on the dead log by our ditch |
| her babies just next to the log |
| quail on our log (I love cameras with zoom lenses) |
| sunrise on the last day of our summer walks |
| I love sunflowers! |
Our new carpeting and flooring are being put in this week! I can hardly wait as the chaos is driving me crazy. Photos next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment