This past week was full of happenings.
Matt, Teresa, and Sarah all arrived safely at the MTC this past week and are getting some training so they can go out and serve the Lord as His missionaries. So cool.
Eric, Hannah, and I finished up our WNC classes (Hannah once again made the highest score in the class on our test in health with a 94%...I made a 92%, so I wasn't too far behind, and Eric made a 99% on one of his finals, so lots of good brain work going on here this week.)
Yesterday was Hannah's last day of work at the assisted-living home. For the past 9 months she has been working full time while being a full time student. She has earned her summer's vacation with my parents by the beach.
Tomorrow Eric will receive his AA degree from WNC. The ceremony is at 11 am in Carson, so Glen, Eric, Ryan, Hannah, and I will be traveling there--Glen and I have subs and will be taking the day off from school. Congratulations Eric!
At school, Tuesday will be my last teaching day for the semester as we have a special guest speaker on Wednesday and then will have a review for the final on Thursday/Friday. Then they have finals the following week. School is out on the 29th, with graduation that night. Wow. I made it a whole semester.
I've been counting down the days, but now that I'm done with the lesson plans and the final is 99% written, I don't feel the need to count down as much. The end is here. And it feels good.
Thursday night I actually kind of wandered around a bit wondering what to do. My community college class final was done so I didn't have any homework or studying to do and I didn't have to prepare a seminary lesson for the next day as we had a training meeting. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. It was great.
On Friday, I started a new project--cleaning out my closet and really getting rid of things. I should have counted how many items I removed. I was inspired by this site:
http://theproject333.com/
I will not go down to just 33 items like the site suggests, but there finally is a place for everything and everything is in its place in my closet, with room to spare. Exciting. Very exciting.
I hope I can say the same for every room in my house by the end of summer.
Sometimes I think that keeping a certain number of things is not so much the focus as having room for everything and knowing and wanting what you have. Excited for Eric and everyone else that the school year is almost over!
ReplyDelete