Well, General Conference is half over. It was AMAZING today. So many great analogies and stories. I can't wait till tomorrow.
Conference is going well, but the words we have chosen to listen for (familysearch, doctrine, state, desert, labor, birth, genealogy, seminary, and remember) really aren't been mentioned as much as our words in the past. And due to our family's no-treat challenge, we are not eating skittles, but have decided to use money. The boys are planning on using the money to buy a new game. More on that later.
Our no-treat challenge has also messed up our Conference tradition of eating a cream cheese almond coffee cake on the mornings of conference. The recipe has a lot of sugar in it. Today we opted instead for a new recipe that I'm sure I'll be making again. I thought it was excellent with less than 1 tsp of added sugar per muffin. It's applesauce oat muffins from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Here's the link: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/healthy-oats-and-applesauce-muffins/
And tomorrow is Easter. No chocolate bunnies or jelly beans or peeps this year. But that's okay because that's not really what Easter is about. We will spend it by watching Conference in the morning, enjoying a ham dinner after that, and then Hannah and I are taking off for Vegas to visit my sister and a friend who is visiting her from back east. Can't wait!
And, in case you didn't know, Saturday the 11th is International TableTop Day which is a 24 hour game marathon...only Alex will be at the temple Saturday morning helping to clean, so he and Eric are planning on having their marathon from midnight to midnight on Friday. I need my sleep so I won't be participating in the middle of the night, but I'm sure I'll be joining them during the day. I love that my boys have such a great time together.
And today, we got the travel plans for Ryan!!! He arrives at the Reno airport on Thursday April 30th at 3:40 pm. Can't wait to see that boy...and it's so hard to believe that he's been gone 2 years.
And...next week I should have something to report in the grandbaby department...
No comments:
Post a Comment