Andrew just got hired as a substitute teacher in the Provo school district! They even called to ask him to sub the next day but he was already scheduled for a shift at Subway, so he couldn't accept. His shifts at Subway will now be in the evenings, so he'll be available to sub. Good luck Andrew!!!
Hannah and I recently had a test in our health class. I made an 82 and Hannah an 88. I wasn't too happy about my grade (but the test was hard and covered 4 looong chapters) until I discovered that Hannah made the highest grade in the class (yea Hannah!). I was only 6 points behind, so I guess that isn't too bad.
Hannah helped with the high school's Academic Olympic's team this year by being the adminstrator for the team which included her cousin Joseph. I'm not sure exactly what being an administrator entails other than she attended the meets, but they came in second! Way to go team!
I started a marathon of the first four Star Trek movies yesterday. Eric joined me. He made it about 30 minutes into the first movie before he fell asleep. Admittedly, Star Trek: The Motion Picture is the slowest-paced movie ever made next to 2001: A Space Odyssey. So that kind of ended the marathon. That and the fact that we attended a Pi Day party last night given by Glen's brother. Games were played, pies were eaten (lots of delicious pies), and a good time was had by all.
Alex has found a new favorite game. It is a complicated game, of course. Alex seems to really prefer games that have many ways to earn points so that you don't know until the very end who the winner is. Terra Mystica is the new game of choice. I have finally learned not to stress when learning one of these games (too many rules freak me out) and I just ask Alex, quite often, what move he would suggest. I do like the game.
Alex enjoyed a little bonfire tonight. He had this holey shirt he loved to wear that I finally said it needed to go in to the trash. He then proceeded to tear it into shreads and then asked if he could burn the pieces. Glen supervised. Our lives are just full of exciting activities.
Slowest-paced, eh? I don't know; I've got a ton of great European New Wave films to recommend if that's what you think...
ReplyDelete