Sunday, February 15, 2015

slow news week

Glen, Eric, Hannah, Alex and I went to Maddie's basketball game on Monday. It was really a blast. We won. Way to go, Maddie.

On Friday, Glen and I attended the boys' Freshman basketball game because one of my seminary students plays on the team. And it turns out I have several of the boys in my health classes now. We won that game, too. It was really a lot of fun.

Over the past 26 years we've only attended a handful of sporting events (Hannah played the most sports of our children and she didn't want us to attend any of her meets/games). We might have to start attending a few more.

I finally managed to take down the rest of my Christmas decorations--the nativity set, the  nativity wall hanging, and my Christmas cross-stitch sampler. Yea me.

Glen had his High Council speaking assignment in Fernley this morning. He asked Eric and Hannah to be his speaking companions. Alex and I went to listen in. The talks were on the Plan of Salvation, aka the Plan of Happiness. Hannah concentrated her remarks on the Millennium when Christ will reign personally upon the earth (she'll be using her spear for slicing tomatoes apparently). Eric had some great scriptures on the Plan and then focused on Christ's role in the Plan, which sometimes gets overlooked in the diagrams that show the Plan.

this is the version I first learned

this is the version in our current seminary manual--I really like it

Glen, as always, did a great job summing things up. He wasn't left much time, but the time he had was really powerful. He used Mosiah 2:41 as a simple sermon on the Plan:

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

So, it was a great morning. I'm just glad I wasn't speaking!

The weather has been gorgeous. I've had to use the air conditioner in my car several times over the last week or two. Still praying for rain and have enjoyed some of that, too.

Mardi Gras is Tuesday. I've already painted my fingernails gold, green, and purple for the event. We'll be eating red beans and rice that night and thinking of Ryan.

And that just about does it for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment