Alex played 7 Wonders this week against Ben and Thomas. He dominated with 137 points, with 85 of those points coming from green cards. So, if you play 7 Wonders, you know what an accomplishment that is. The record score, before that, was held by Alex with 104.
Then today, Eric and Alex taught me how to play a game that Andrew invented (and is still working on tweaking). It's called Zarahemla and is based on a city and the humility/prosperity/pride/destruction cycle in the Book of Mormon. It took 2 1/2 hours to play and I definitely lost (104 for me, 185 for Alex, and Eric was somewhere in between).
In my long-term sub job, I finally reached a point where I am not surviving day to day, but am a week or 2 ahead on lesson plans. I can't tell you how much of a relief that is. In my online class, I am also getting ahead of the due dates for our homework. Another big relief. Part of our homework last week was to list our 3 biggest stressors and then relate the week's lesson to them. My 3 biggest stressors: my sub job, my seminary calling, and the class I was writing the paper for. But as I get ahead of the game, my stress is lessening. As for the online class, so far, after 3 weeks, Hannah and I have the same grade...not that it's a competition, or anything...Both getting A's works for me.
My alarm clock died. The one I bought to replace it has 2 outlets (where I can charge my laptop) and a USB port where I can charge my kindle. Got it at Walmart. Love it. Got a slightly different model for Glen. His had the USB port, but not any outlets.
And, the hot tub dries out my skin. It's hard to get lotion on my back, so I ordered something from Amazon that works surprisingly well. I thought it might distribute the lotion unevenly, but it does a great job. My only complaint is that I have to be careful of the angle I hold it since the edges are a bit scratchy.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K1EK5G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So, here's to a good week where I hope I can stay ahead on my lesson plans and homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment