Sunday, March 16, 2014

talent show, President Alex, and an early spring

Not as slow this week as it has been.

March Madness is almost here...we don't follow sports, but we love making up brackets at ESPN and playing against Glen's family. Can't wait to see how it goes this year. It's time for someone to dethrone Maddie as the winner! Though if I can't win, I think it'd be great if she won again...

Eric says he's currently working on mostly Hindu mythological creatures now--remember how his assignment was to input info into a program so it can later keep people from downloading false genealogies into familysearch? He's moved into a different culture now. It sounds like he is continuing to do well.

Ryan likes his new companion and things are fine down in Louisiana. Ryan got to go to the Baton Rouge temple the previous week--first time since the MTC last May. His birthday is coming up on April 6th, so if you want to send him a card, his address is to the right.

Hannah, Geoff, and their friend Paolo performed at the talent show held at the high school on Friday. I thought they did an excellent job, though they didn't place. Paola and Hannah sang while Geoff accompanied them on a guitar. The song was "Living Dead" by Have Mercy.


 And today, Alex was set apart as the Deacon's quorum (12 and 13 year old boys) President at church. His cousin Ben just turned 12 this past week, so Ben is now a Deacon along with 3 other boys. Good luck Alex. I know you'll do a great job leading your group.

Spring has sprung early. Because Andrew's birthday is April 2nd, I always have a marker for when the trees start turning green...and it's usually not until after Andrew's birthday. Well, here it is a few weeks before and we've got some green going on in the trees (not all--the apple and elms are still bare). We'll take it. I just wonder if there's still another frost or two that will be coming our way.

one of our trees

Carey's yard, across the street, is much prettier--and more colorful--than ours
Found out that the teacher I'm subbing for won't be back to school until April 21st instead of April 7th, like we originally thought. Perfect timing as that's the week Andrew graduates from BYU (!), so Scott would need another sub if he were still going to be out. I had an OK week subbing. I'm a week ahead on my lesson plans, so I'm feeling pretty good now.

My bad toothache turned out to be a dead tooth with an infection--root canal and a crown will be in the near future for me. I'm just glad the pain is mostly gone.

With church, scouts, and school, Glen continues to keep very busy. He's heading down to Vegas this week with a few of his students who placed in the regional Theatre competition and are going to be completing at the state level. Good luck everyone!

So, that about does it for this week. Until later. Chao y que tengan una buena semana.

No comments:

Post a Comment