Sunday, January 12, 2014

a little slower paced week/random photos

Well, last Sunday I realized that I haven't really had a lot of time to just be at home with no one under foot and I decided not to sub this week. I wanted to just be a housewife. I liked it as it was a nice change of pace.

I started subbing when Alex was in 1st grade. I usually sub 2-3 days a week and usually go to the temple one day a week during the school year. If I'm not subbing and am home more, it means that something is happening...company is coming, I have a church or school project I'm working on, or I'm sick.

I have summers off, of course, but since everyone else does, too, it's hard to get things done. You know the old saying: cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the snow while it's still snowing. Getting stuff done with people around is just more difficult.

It was a wonderful week. I cleaned (big project--the carpets), organized (my recipe binders, for one thing, though I'm not done), baked (banana bread), etc. I didn't do anything I haven't done before, but it was done at a slower pace. I wasn't trying to cram everything into one or two days because I wouldn't be home the other days.

I got to go to the temple twice this week. Once with some friends, and I went again on Saturday with Glen and his parents. A couple we know were sealed as husband and wife and their son, who was shot and killed during a poker game years ago at the age of 15, was sealed to them. Talk about a wonderful experience! It was really touching. Knowing you can be together, and not just "as long as you both shall live," is a great blessing.


I didn't take any photos this week, but I love photos with my posts, so I've pulled a few from the "vaults" to enjoy.

So, a week full of good things for me. And today I started working on my genealogy again. Fun. Glen is busy with school, work, and church, as always. He currently is working on helping his mom to scan some family photos into the computer and get them posted to familysearch.org.
me and Glen in Alaska summer 2008

Andrew says that the title of his Senior English course is "Literature of Awe." The teacher named it. I can't wait to find out exactly what they are covering. He should be graduating in April.
Andrew and Heather at BYU's MOA when they were dating and I had first met her Sept 2012

Eric just finished a big project this week--a township census project. There were 4 people "working like crazy" to get it done on time. They did.
all the other students just stood there for their photos--not Eric, of course (around June 2000)

Ryan ate some pickled pig's feet the other day. He said it tasted like vinegar and felt like he was chewing on fat. (I once was served a slab of pig fat with a few bristles still in it on my mission...gross)
I guess I could have found one where Ryan's face was showing, but this one of him sleeping on the trampoline cracks me up

Hannah was accepted to SUU (Southern Utah University) in Cedar City, Utah, but she still doesn't know exactly was her plan is. She was also accepted to Corban University in Oregon. It turns out those are the only 2 places she's applied, though she's looked at a ton of schools. She may wait till after her mission to attend college.
I do not know when or where this photo of Hannah was taken, it was just in her folder on my computer

Alex is getting taller! A few more inches and he'll be as tall as I am.
Alex, Christmas 2008. Why do my kids all seem to have their mouths open?


3 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Tell Hannah to go to SUU. I can answer any questions if she has them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I should have known that you would reply to anything about SUU! I have told her that you went there. We will let you know if she has any questions. Thanks Mary!

      Delete
  2. The picture of Hannah is from when she went with us the Gerlach, at Gary's Uncle David's place.

    ReplyDelete