Today was Glen's 50th birthday. I told him that being older than he is kind of takes the fun out of it as I can't tease him about his age. Oh, well.
Hannah made the fondant which I used to make his main cake. We brought this one over to Kathy's house because Sarah was reporting on her semester in Israel today. The report was fantastic. Is there any way I can visit Israel without traveling? I would love to go see it. [ha! Alex just told me the Tardis is the solution to my problem. I guess that would work, but my nerves couldn't take Dr. Who having to rescue me from aliens in order to use the Tardis.] Anyway, here is Glen and his cake:
Glen had a second cake...one which revealed to him what his gift was. Can you take a guess? The guy in the picture below is sitting in a hot tub. Glen's hot tub died a few years ago and he used to use it twice a day, but we haven't had the funds to replace it. Now, he's not getting a hot tub yet, it's just that now that the wedding is over and Ryan is on his mission, we can start putting money in Glen's next hot tub fund. I'm hoping by Christmas he'll get to relax and soak once again.
In other news:
Ryan flew to Louisiana on Tuesday...6 am flight. That means our call from him from the airport came at 4:30 am. Well, at least that ensured that Glen would be here for the call. We have received word that he arrived safely and is now serving in a town called Amite. Tomorrow (Monday) is his p-day, so we'll get more info then.
I put his address (which you can find at the sidebar) into mapquest and found out he is currently 67 miles from where I lived when I joined the church. That's like from here to Reno--(the Reno temple is 76 miles from my home). The mission home in Baton Rouge is 68 miles from my old home. I love mapquest. I'll be checking it every transfer, I'm sure.
Well, it took 2 weeks, but I think I was back to my old self again on Friday--I was actually motivated and got some things done and I had some energy.
Three weeks of school left. Glen and Hannah have plenty to do. Alex, being in 6th grade, is just the same as always. But we're all anxious for summer vacation to arrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment