Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Eric's 21st birthday, Thanksgiving, and the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich

Eric turned 21 on the 20th...which was the day we traveled down to Vegas to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family and my parents. So, we had cake and ice cream on the 19th and celebrated Eric's last day of being 20 (there were only 20 candles on his cake) instead.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Andrew and Heather ran a 10K that Denise's ward has each Thanksgiving--Hannah hadn't brought her sneakers, so she just ran a short leg in her moccasins. Heather won a prize and that was even with her starting 15 minutes late!

We spent 5 days visiting, playing games, eating, seeing a the movie (Lincoln), shopping, and just really enjoying being together.

The main game we played was Andrew's new game, 7 Wonders. I loved it so much, we are going to get one. It is a bit complicated and I normally don't have the patience to learn complicated games, but I really liked it.

I had read a book, The List by Melanie Jacobson (thanks Hanna for lending it to us!), which was super cute and Hannah read it on our trip. In it, the main characters make the "ultimate grilled cheese sandwich." We had to try it. I loved it. It's grilled sour dough bread with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, red onion, and fresh basil. The red onion probably wasn't necessary, since it had the pepper jack cheese, but it was divine.

Now, we are down to just 9 days before Eric reports for his Family History mission... wow.

2 comments:

  1. lol...I was having technical difficulties and I can't get it to load my photos, so here's the post without any pictures.

    ReplyDelete