Sunday, November 4, 2012

fall, funeral, Eric, pinstrosity, and cards

Alex
Becky and Hannah

Becky C and Hannah

 *********************************************************************************

Eric and I attended a funeral in Sparks yesterday. It was for Ray Kelly, the father of my roommate from my freshman and sophomore years at BYU. I only met him a few times...in 1979 and 1980 I spent Thanksgiving there when Maralea and I were roommates (as Louisiana and New York were too far away for me to travel). He and his wife, Leona, were so kind to me. He was one of those wonderful "salt of the earth" men. Here's a link to his obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rgj/obituary.aspx?pid=160760758#fbLoggedOut

***********************************************************************************

Eric is slowly getting ready for his mission. There still seems so much to do, but I think we'll get it done on time. Glen, Hannah, Alex, and I are speaking in Sacrament Meeting on November 11th. I consider this a downside to having a missionary, but it's a price I am willing to pay. Eric will speak with the High Councilman on November 18th.

**********************************************************************************

I discovered a website called pinstrosity.blogspot.com where they post photos and stories of people trying out different pins from pinterest.com and not getting the same results as the original pin. If you have a few minutes to kill, take a look and be amused. And if you have a pin that you tried and it didn't match the picture, send it in to them so they can post it.

***********************************************************************************

And, lastly, Friday night was stamping night:
Kristyn's card

Michelle's card

my card

Becky's card

Tina's card


No comments:

Post a Comment