Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ryan is set for college, Hannah's play wins, and misc.

Ryan and Michael signed up for the Prospective Missionary Program at BYU-I for the fall and now have housing. They will be in the same apartment, but not the same bedroom. Chapman Hall, 1st floor, room 365. I'm so glad everything is falling into place. One more quarter of high school to go for Ryan. Mind boggling, isn't it?

Jason's birthday was Friday. He and Eric came over, played some games, and then went to Glen's one-act plays before heading elsewhere to continue their traveling party. Happy Birthday Jason!
Ryan, Jason, and Eric playing Tsuro

Speaking of Glen's one-acts, Friday night was the annual competition where the high school students direct junior high students in one-act plays. Hannah, Erin (the above Eric's sister), and Skylar co-directed and their play, "Nobody Famous," won first place! Glen was not the judge, just in case you were wondering. Congratulations Skylar, Erin, and Hannah! (hey Skylar, I hope you don't mind, but I stole the picture from your facebook post!)



We haven't had much this year, but I love it every time it does snow. We are grateful for the moisture.

Using a trick I learned online, when my eyeshadow broke into pieces, I added a little bit of rubbing alcohol and pushed the resulting paste into a corner, so now I can use the eyeshadow again.

stamping projects
Michelle's card

Becky's card

my card

Toni's card
Glen's project: he took old church pants and turned them into scripture bags.

my projects: I used spray adhesive to glue some patterned paper onto a clipboard, cut "celebrate today" out using my silhouette cutter, and then printed off a perpetual calendar from online, and I now have a new birthday chart. I think I need to add some color to the white paper next.

My recipe binder is a work in progress. For years I have been trying to get my recipes functionally organized. What I finally did was start with an empty binder, put in some dividers (I can now cut some on my silhouette, too) and page protectors. Now whenever I use a recipe, I just put it in my new binder. In the end, I'll have an organized binder that only has recipes I've used and liked in it without much effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment