Hannah went to Reno for 3 days to a leadership conference and apparently had a wonderful time, though when I asked her what she learned and what they did, she didn't really give me an answer. But she really has a blast.
Glen went to Henderson, NV with 3 of his students for the Nevada State competition. His students were competing in musical theatre. They all received "excellent" ratings and Glen and the moms/grandmothers with him apparently loved the thrift shops there and found a lot of good props for the set of "The Princess Bride" (which debuts April 6th, by the way).
For the last few year, my brother-in-law, Alan, has created a group on ESPN's College Tournament Challenge. Even though Glen and I don't follow sports and know nothing about the coaches or individual players (with the exception being BYU sometimes), we have a blast choosing our brackets and following the rankings. There have been some really exciting games this year.
Eric, Ryan, Glen, and I created brackets. Eric had Louisville winning, Ryan had Kansas winning, and both Glen and I chose Ohio St. to win. It's amazing that those 3 teams are in the Final Four. Not bad for a bunch of non-sporters.
If Jacob and I have done the math correctly, we are now at a point that if Ohio St. wins, I win the family tourney.
If Kansas wins, then Maddie comes out on top again.
If Kentucky wins then it's either Daniel or David who gets the glory. Daniel will get the glory if Kentucky beat Kansas and David will if Kentucky beat Ohio St.
Usually I only stay interested in the tournament until I no longer have a chance to win...and I've never been this close before, so it's really fun. I believe Maddie won last year and her prize was a purple cow (vanilla ice cream and grape juice float). Sounds good to me.
I lost my Kindle Touch back in January when we were in Utah with the theatre kids, which made me sad. But recently I learned you can download a free reader to your computer and buy books (or just download free ones) and read them on your computer. Good deal. So I downloaded my first free book (it was a play, actually) "Hobson's Choice" which was the base for a made-for-tv movie that I loved back in the 80s starring Sharon Gless and Richard Thomas. There is also an old classic movie "Hobson's Choice" that I haven't seen yet. I love "free" things. Of course, the laptop doesn't fit in my purse, but that's OK.
Alan said something about the "purple cows" to Craig. The kids had to try them the other night. ('Hope you win 1!)
ReplyDelete