Eric started a blog a few weeks ago...http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/ It's called Die Like a Disney Villain because he said he had a dream where he had a blog by that name. I'm enjoying it, though I have to confess, I don't understand a lot of it sometimes. But it's great fun.
Ryan decided not to be on the swim team this year. That leaves him more time for homework and for the job he hopes to find.
Yes, it's official. Hannah will be the Junior class Treasurer. She gets to go to a 3 day leadership conference in Reno towards the end of the month (March 22-24, right when Glen is in Henderson, NV with a few of his students for the State Theatre Competition). Should be fun for her.
Alex continues to do well at school and with his piano lessons.
One of my current projects involves researching gardening as Glen and I have been asked to teach a lesson on gardening at a ward activity in April (the 27th). The lesson will be followed by a barn dance...it will be held in a barn and not at church.
How do you teach such a topic to people who probably know more than we do? I've come up with a plan. Let's see if we can carry it out. Glen says that there's nothing to teach. He lays out the drip hose, plants a few seeds, and comes back in 3 months to see if anything's growing. While that is a little less involved than what he does, it's not too far from the truth, either.
I started some seeds and they started sprouting this week. Always exciting (even if experience holds true and they grow up spindly and weak and I wind up buying plants in town...)
Glen had the play "Box Office Poison" going on this weekend. He's put it on before, but I couldn't remember "who'd done it." Michael was great as a cranky sheriff who was trying to give up smoking. Glen had a smaller part (he's the first one who gets poisoned and I thought he did a fabulous job dying). Saturday night Ryan had a small part and did really well, too. He had a few lines and then later got to play a half-dead body. Good times.
Our weather is crazy (which seems to be the norm). We had a bit of snow on Tuesday. But we've also had some really nice days lately.
| 3-6-12 |
Can't think of any other competed projects for the week, but next week there should be some finished projects to show.
Gardening? I think you'd be perfect! (Now, how'd you like to teach an enrichment class on teaching children? I hope the snoring doesn't drown out my talk.)
ReplyDeleteJust saw on the school announcements AIM is hiring, the application used to be on the district website, not sure if it still is.
ReplyDelete