One, I make an almond cream cheese bundt cake to snack on:
Two, we all choose a word for our "Listen for" list. Then each time we hear one of those words during Conference, we get to take a skittle for our pile. This conference we listened for temple (and boy did the kids score big when President Monson gave his talk on temples), covenant, commandments, Jesus (Alex's choice and it was said so often that I'm wondering if we should not allow any words from "The Church of Jesus Christ" during October's conference), hope, and comfort. Since Glen and I aren't really into skittles we rarely take any, but the kids sure love them.
| Alex listening to Pres. Monson's talk on temples |
| Ryan and Hannah with the skittles bowl |
To make a General Conference Wall, you put the pictures of the Apostles up on the wall, then as that speaker is talking everyone has post-it notes that they use to write down something they learned or really liked that the speaker said. Then you put the note on the persons picture so later you can use that for Family Home Evening lessons or just a family discussion. Maybe next time. (wonder where my pictures are)
| Ryan and Glen just couldn't endure to the end |
http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/04?lang=eng
I was going to post a few notes here about the talks themselves, but perhaps I'll save that for my other blog.
'Love the blog--'wanna be at your home...yum and fun! Someone said Elder Hales had a knee brace on. Craig says he has some heart problems.
ReplyDeleteI love all your ideas...traditions!
ReplyDeleteI have made homemade cinnamon rolls every conference, probably for the past four years, and yet my family is surprised every 6 months - as if they've never seen them before.
ReplyDeleteMmmm your cream cheese bundt looks amazing. I love your traditions!!
ReplyDelete