A few weeks ago when I couldn't get my genealogy files to save on my "floppy" disc I went and bought a jump drive and used it once with the kids' help. The next time I tried to use it, the kids weren't around and I couldn't get it to work. Maybe I'll try again today.
This weekend we bought a router and now have wireless in our home. We did it so we can watch netflix instant views on our TV. Now when friends come over to "scrapbook" they can use their laptops to go online at my house.
We also got the wireless because we are about to cancel our satellite subscription.
*gasp* Yep. Don't know how soon. We've been discussing it for months. We might wait until after General Conference at the beginning of April, but we'll see.
Glen and I watch Castle, Psych, and an occasional episode of The Mentalist. Why are we paying $47/month to do that? Psych we can get online and when we
update our antennae get a converter box, we can still get the others on our TV.
Because TV signals are now digital you don't use an antenna. New TVs will scan and program automatically. If your TV is older, however, you will need a converter box.
ReplyDeleteWe'll need a converter box, I guess, cause our TVs are not new. Thanks for the info! (I guess I'm not totally into the 21st century if I forgot about the converter box).
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed! ('Heard the Netflicks thing is really the way to go...too bad they don't have the BYU channel, huh?)
ReplyDeleteWe tried a converter box and we got one channel. It was in Spanish. Good luck! Don and I were just talking last night about how we could cancel the DirecTv and watch everything online, except for our Nascar races. Guess we'll have to keep it around.
ReplyDeleteI have two converter boxes that I don't use. Borrow one of mine...
ReplyDeleteI have a love/hate relationship with our TV too. I hate that it's on in the background so much.
We have a new tv and still have to use an antenna to get our basic channels. But we have the best hd we've ever had!
ReplyDelete