Glen is looking for a musical to put on next year so we've been looking for ideas. Online we saw a play, The Fantasticks, that holds the record for the longest-running musical. We had never heard of it but Netflix had a movie version of it. The blurb said it was a musical comedy.
Well, there was music in it, but I didn't find it to qualify as a comedy. It was very weird and I greatly disliked it and don't understand how it made it into the record books. Maybe they changed a lot for the movie. I also think it should have been rate PG-13 and not PG as a bit at the Carnival was really not appropriate. The only familiar song in it was "Try to Remember" (which was beautiful).
So, if The Fantasticks earns a thumbs down (or many), How to Kill a Mockingbird earns a thumbs up (and more). A fascinating book.
And can I say, since I'm critiquing things, that leftover Dominoes pizza really isn't that good? (30 pizzas were ordered to feed the honor band students visiting Fallon yesterday...the various schools participating said they'd be interested in buying pizza as a fund raiser for Fallon...and then all the schools loaded up their students on their buses and took them to local places to eat...the largest school choose to go to Pizza Hut-- the teacher said, when questioned later, that they had "changed their minds" about eating at CCHS, but because of the situation they agreed to cover the $200 cost of the pizzas...and since only 2 pizzas had been sold last night, that left a lot of cheap pizza today. I bought 2 for a total of $10, which took care of dinner, but I don't find it very appetizing). But at least I'm off the hook for dinner tonight. That's worth something.
That's good to know about Fantasticks. I love the play, but have not seen the movie. Yes, it is weird and very quirky. I like it.
ReplyDelete