Of the 28 real votes I cast yesterday (unreal being those races with no opponents), what's my success rate?
13 of my votes went to winners.
15 of my votes went to losers.
I wonder what my results have been in previous elections. I've never looked into that before. BTW, Eric voted for the first time yesterday.
I haven't done so well with Eric, either.
He had his second test for his on-line college math class yesterday (pre-calc). He didn't do so well. I'm sort of blaming myself.
Math has never been his strong suit. He's capable, but it might be his least favorite subject and it takes him a long time to do his work. When he started off the semester I checked to make sure he was doing the homework according to the outline...it isn't due until test-taking day, however. He had waited until the final night to take the 1st test...and he made a 20% on it and since it was so close to midnight, he didn't have time to retake the test and try for a better grade. I thought one of the reasons why he did so poorly was that for some of the material it had been so long since he had done the homework, he had forgotten the material.
Why didn't I pay closer attention to his math after his first test??? Last night was test 2. He did most of the homework on Monday and Tuesday morning, so I thought it'd be fresher in his mind, but he made a 30%. Then I realized that I should have been giving him lessons all along instead of having him just go through the book by himself. I learned while he was doing the homework on Monday that if he doesn't understand something, he doesn't ask for help.
After his 30%, I grabbed his book and started going over it and explaining the concepts to him. I'm on the 2nd page and he's already going "Oh!" Like, now he gets it. Thing is, he had play practice and didn't get home till 9:30, so there wasn't time to completely cover the chapter before he took a retest.
He retook the test and says he make about a 50-59%. I was in bed fast asleep by the time he was done. I think he's going to have to retake the class, but for now I know I need to help him with all his homework. I still wonder why I was so slow to realize he needed more help. I'll pay closer attention next time.
about the same success rate as me!
ReplyDeleteYou're a great teacher! (And I was we fared better in the polls.)
ReplyDeleteIf you had asked me who to vote for you would have done much better - lol. As for Eric, it was a learning experience, now you know. He can just take it again, and with your help everything will be fine.
ReplyDeleteWell, Jennifer, I did vote for 3 democrats (Harry Reid was not one of them, however), one of whom lost...
ReplyDeleteOnly 2 of the 5 candidates I voted for were elected!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love your playlist.