My sister's church ward has a great cookbook that they've put out called "Recipes and Remembrances Tried and True Recipes The Lynbrook Ward." Last night I tried a new recipe (on p 21) called Creamy Vegetable Soup. Loved it, so I'm posting it here:
Creamy Vegetable Soup
1 large cauliflower
broccoli as desired (I used 1 bag of frozen "winter blend"...cauliflower and broccoli mix)
2 cups grated carrot (I threw in a handful of dehydrated carrots)
2 cups chopped onion (I threw in a handful of dehydrated onions)
4 cups chicken broth (I used 2 cans and added a little extra water)
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme (couldn't find mine, so didn't add any)
1 teaspoon salt (I added 1 tsp garlic salt)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cube real butter (I used Smart Balance)
3/4 cup flour (I used 1 cup)
1 quart half and half (I used regular milk)
8 oz cream cheese
Cut vegetables. Put them in a large pan. Cover with broth, add bouillon and spices. Cook on medium until tender. DO NOT DRAIN. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
While the veggies are cooking, melt the butter in a pan. Stir in flour, then slowly add the milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick. Add to the vegetables. Use an immersion blender if you want a smoother texture. Serve.
Oh yea! Oh yea! (Thank you for the recipe!)
ReplyDeleteHey, 'been thinking about Christmas gifts--vinyl lettering on large tiles? 'Kind of cool and fun to make.