Ryan's Swim Meet was in Carson City yesterday (the 17th). Ryan swam the 50 yard freestyle (as he did last time) and then he was also the first leg of a 200 yard relay. Now, in his first swim meet he swam the 50 yd in 35.28. Yesterday he swam it in 32.02. He credits his new jammer swim trunks with taking some time off--but I'm sure it was the 2 hour practices 5 days a week, as well.
The results for the relay were:
7 CHURC C 2:08.54
Perazzo, Ryan SO Oviatt, Colton JR Koelble, Kenneth SO Thomas, Aaron JR
Since the boys' goal was to each swim their leg in 32 seconds, they accomplished their goal.
But I don't understand how they were listed as coming in #7 when there were only 5 teams swimming. I still have a lot to learn.
Not the best picture of me (do I always have such a goofy smile?), but here I am...being a timer again.
Ryan just before the relay was to begin (cool goggles, huh). I had another mother take my spot timing so I could watch Ryan. When he swam the 50 I was able to watch because my lane was empty that heat. Took pictures of the 50 with my Ricoh using 800 mm film. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I used my digital for the relay.
Ryan waiting for the signal...
All done with his leg of the race. It was another fun day.
So, that was yesterday.
Today, Ryan was ordained to the office of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, so I didn't have my camera. But Hannah did. I'll add a picture later.
Anyway, Ryan turned 16 on the 6th and so was old enough to become a priest (which means, among other things, that instead of just passing and/or preparing the sacrament, he will now be allowed to bless it). Last Sunday I asked Glen when Ryan's ordination was to take place. He said Ryan hadn't had his interview yet. Well, Ryan had his interview on Tuesday.
So this morning just before church started I asked Glen when Ryan's ordination was. Glen pauses, thinking, and says something like...maybe Ryan didn't pass his interview. But when sacrament meeting started, Ryan was asked to stand and was presented as having been interviewed and found worthy to be ordained.
So, the question being, once again, when the ordination would take place. Bishop said we could do it whenever we wanted. Why wait? So it was immediately following church. It was really nice that so many family members could be there even though some only had 10 minutes warning.
Congratulations Ryan!
proud mama! (That is a good thing)
ReplyDelete