Saturday, March 13, 2010

Improv Everywhere/RS Birthday dinner/Biggest Loser update

Glen and Eric were in Reno last night with some of the drama students and a mother of one of the students where they participated in an Improv Everywhere activity. To see what Improv Everywhere is about, click on Improv Everywhere. Have no fear, Glen and his students did not use the "ride public transit pantless" activity idea.

They went to the airport and enthusiastically greeted some passengers arriving in Reno. They said one guy played along and greeted them back like he hadn't seem them in a while. One couple acted how I would have...unsure and probably wishing to get out of there as fast as they could.

They went to a park and had super hero fights...using toy light sabers from Star Wars. As they were leaving someone asked them if there was a Star Wars convention going on.

They also had a birthday party at the food court at the mall. Another thing they did at the mall was the "frozen in Grand Central Station" idea. Glen participated in that one feeling that remaining still was something he could do. Good clean fun.

While they were entertaining themselves in Reno, I was at Church for the annual Relief Society Birthday celebration. It was a 3-ward activity. We had chicken salad in pita pockets for dinner. Yum. Then there was a musical program called "The Ten Virgins." There is a little narration here and there and each woman sings a song and then they all sing together at the end.

On the whole it was very nice and enjoyable...except for the part where I feel jealous? envious? depressed? because I wish I had a voice like theirs. It was beautiful. And totally out of my league. To all those who participated: you did a great job and I applaud your talents and willingness to share them with others.

I sing alto in the ward choir...and that's where I belong. Where other people's better voices can cover mine. As Jennifer pointed out after the program, we all have our talents...and mine isn't singing.

The bright side is I don't like being on stage and if I sang well I'd be asked to participate in such programs. So, by not having a great voice I save myself from the stress of public performances. I can deal with that.

It's been a few weeks since I've done a Glen Biggest Loser update...since I last posted, Glen gained a pound, stayed the same for a few weeks and this past week he had lost .6 pounds. He's trying to get back on the losing streak. As for me, I have been using my treadmill, but my eating is out of whack (but I sure enjoyed eating the $8.88 worth of mini-reese's cups I had bought for Andrew's Easter basket. Don't know if I trust myself to buy any more. Might just have to tell him to buy his own, though I do have a chocolate bunny to send him. He's still around because I don't find him tempting.).

My one good piece of health news is that last summer my cholesterol was up to 244 and I recently had it tested and I am down to 216...that was before all the reese's cups, however.

1 comment:

  1. My friend once did a "social experiment" in the testing center. She pretended to be studying for a test, then went over to a boy and said, "I'm really nervous about this test - could I get a kiss for luck?" He stammered out a "..um..no.." She shrugged and walked up the stairs, turned around, and walked out the front door. Too funny!

    And I have a real problem with the reeses peanut butter eggs they come out with for Easter. I can down a bag of those easy.

    Wonder what my cholesterol is at . . .

    And good luck to Glen!

    ReplyDelete