Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wow, that was fast!!!

Hard to believe, but just last Thursday I mailed off a request to Long Island, New York for my great-great grandmother Sarah Ann Newman Miller's death certificate...and it came today! Thank you Carol Quirk, Babylon Town Clerk (and postal workers). You are efficient! (and it was free!)

So, it was a mixed review...the name of Sarah's father, unfortunately is "? Newman." So, I don't know if it's Thomas, like the newspaper clipping said or if it's William, like I hope it is.

The good news is that I now know her mother's maiden name!!! (which really is probably worth more than knowing the father's first name) She is Hannah Westover. The joy of filling in a blank on a pedigree chart! Can't wait to see if this leads anywhere (Hannah was born in England, but I don't know where).

Which, now that I think about it, explains why I have a 1st cousin once removed with the middle name of Westover...

OK, I'm off to hunt for more info on Hannah.

1 comment: