1. My dad is still walking dogs even though he adopted Cricket at the beginning of December. It turns out he is the only volunteer the shelter has ever had that has continued to work after adopting. Way to go Dad!!!
2. Found out that Eric is a 1/2 credit short in Math. Don't know how it escaped all of us (well, I know how it probably escaped me...I thought he got a 1/2 credit for the 1/2 year of Integrated One that he passed in 8th grade--but he failed the 2nd semester--and it turns out they don't give partial credit for the year). Luckily they have an online credit retrieval class, so he is currently enrolled in it.
I understand the need to jump through the hoops, but part of me thinks it's ridiculous since he passed Integrated 2 & 3, made a 23 in math on his ACTs, and scored a 73% in his pretest. I guess I'll quit my beefing already and be happy that the problem was so easy to fix.
3. Glen started practicing today for his upcoming "Dancing with the Stars" competition in March. Can't wait to see him dance!
and finally
4. A Lorentzen Family update. Last March I posted about the Lorentzen family from Sparks that was going to be in the CBS Family Sing Off. The mom of the family, Laura, was a roommate of mine for one semester while we were at BYU. Anyway, they did not win the sing off, but I guess their music career is now progressing...they have a song their dad, John, wrote ("On the Shelf") available on iTunes now! I had Hannah download it to my MP3 player. I really like the song. A slightly shorter version was used for their audition tape to CBS and you can see it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA2F0AdZBXM
Here is the link to their page on iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/on-the-shelf/id352880003?i=352880007&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
So if you are inclined and have 99¢ to spare, download it and help them become successful!
Good job, Dad! Let us know when Glen is going to dance...that would be fun!
ReplyDeleteHe dances on Friday March 26th.
ReplyDelete