Sunday, November 22, 2009

My folks, Eric, Alex, and Eric

My parents came on Thursday and left on Saturday as they were just passing through on their way to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. They will spend Christmas here.

While they were here, they got to celebrate Eric's 18th birthday with us! They also got to see him...and Hannah...perform in "Annie" that night...the "penultimate" night of the play, as Eric put it in his bio.

Now, my parents occasionally pass through and get to see one of Glen's productions. Mom has seen more than dad as she's here more often. I don't know how many they've really seen, but my dad doesn't like musicals...and he's had to watch several.

He actually really liked "Annie!" He says it's the best production of Glen's he's seen. I kind of laugh and joke that they hear more from Eric when he's on stage than they have in "real" life. I'm so glad they got to see the performance and that they liked it so much.

I must admit...I don't dislike it as much as I used to...I might even say I like it. When I woke up this morning "It's a Hard Knock Life" was running through my head for a few hours (briefly spelled by "Tomorrow")...including the visual of seeing Hannah thumping her pail on the stage.

And can I just say how glad I am that Annie is over? Will I get to see more of my family? Maybe a little bit. But next up is "A Christmas Carol." Alex is going to play Tiny Tim! I can't wait to see that! Mark your calendars...December 3-5.

And Eric. Wow. An adult. Wow. Unreal. Mind boggling. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment