Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eric and Hannah

Well, I saw the musical "Annie" last night. Hannah plays an orphan with a bad attitude named "Duffy." Eric has 3 roles...the best being President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Can I just say that my kids are so talented? I don't like "Annie" (never have), but it was sure fun watching my kids...and everyone else's. What a talented bunch of kids. It was fantastic.

And can I also just say what a great set-builder my husband is? Some of the set design is just amazing.

Great job everyone!

Now, back to Eric. We won't mention his self-written bio in the playbill (or even Hannah's for that matter) but I will mention I just got his ACT scores...

...let me explain.

So, he takes the ACT and then afterwards finds out he was taking it as if it were the SAT. On the SAT you are penalized for wrong answers. On the ACT you are not and are encouraged to guess. Eric only answered the questions he "knew for sure." We didn't know how that would translate into a score (and especially since we were wondering if his Aspergers would rear its head and he would be "thrown off his game" by noise or other disturbances while testing), so he is signed up to take the ACT in December, just in case he did poorly the first time around.

Well, besides math (which he hasn't had lately as he filled all his graduation requirements early on in his high school career), he did really well! I'm so excited. For those who don't remember, a 36 is the highest you can get.

Composite score was a 28.
English was a 33. (18 is considered college ready)
Math was a 21. (22 is college ready)
Reading was a 31. (21 is college ready)
Science was a 28. (24 is college ready)

On the Writing part he only made a 7 out of 12. That made his combined English/writing score a 29. He is such an excellent writer (his English teacher has told us several times over the past 2 years that Eric's work has brought tears to his eyes it's so good) that I wonder what happened there.

So, I'm quite happy. Way to go Eric!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids were great in the play. And you always knew Eric was super smart...this is just proof. Sigh of relief again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! Nice work Eric! I only got a 25 on the ACT, so a 28 is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Eric as President Roosevelt, and the orphan chorus was the BEST!

    ReplyDelete