Yesterday my nephew Adam spoke in Sacrament meeting. Did a fabulous job, too.
Today he left for Utah with his parents. Wednesday he'll enter the Missionary Training Center (MTC) and in a few short weeks he'll be sharing the gospel in the Lansing Michigan mission. Glen also served in Michigan (Dearborn mission which no longer exists)...his old mission and Adam's just share a few towns, but maybe Adam will get sent to Owosso and serve where Glen did. That would be cool.
Anyway, talked to Andrew today. Interrupted his calculus homework. But sounds like he's getting in plenty of social life, too, so don't feel too sorry for him. He's had an interview with his Bishop and is working on his mission papers. In just 6 1/2 weeks he'll be 19! So hard to believe. Really. Just mind-boggling. Can't wait to see what's ahead for him.
Twenty-five years ago I was in the MTC...had just completed my 1st week there. That's also mind-boggling. Of course, I've forgotten a lot of what it was like and what I did. But I do remember the nervousness of it all. It was an exciting time and full of great experiences. Glen and I hope to serve a mission together. I'm thinking it'll be less scary when you take your own companion with you.
Anyway, we'll be praying for Adam for the next 2 years, as we are already praying for another nephew, Danny, who is serving in the Joao Pessoa Brazil mission. Wonder where Andrew will go?
Beth,
ReplyDeleteWhere does the time go? Andrew getting mission papers ready? I remember holding him in my arms as a newborn. How can days go by so slowly, and yet years fly by?? It shows how precious every single moment is. We MUST learn to be aware of and appreciate each moment of our lives, both the good and what we perceive as the not-so-good ones, too. That is the stuff life is made of.
We so appreciate your prayers on Danny's behalf. We feel the blessings of his service on a daily basis, and know you will too, when Andrew is serving.