Sunday, January 24, 2021

shots, anniversary, Alex, hair, Joy, and snow

Glen was eligible to start subbing in early December. He had his first sub job just a few weeks ago and seems to be enjoying it. He's subbed a little at the high school and more at the middle school. He still works on the farm occasionally, too. 

Made a King Cake because it's Mardi Gras season! Used a new recipe and really liked it. Though I don't know that I'll make another one this year as we are trying to cut back on the sweets, but it was really good.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/king-cake


As employees in the school district, Glen and I were eligible to get COVID vaccines (Moderna version) if we wanted. We wanted, so on the 20th we got our first shots. Barely felt it. Arm just a tad sore later. Doing okay. Looking forward to immunity.


The 20th was the 33rd anniversary of when we first met--we met playing Bunco, so, we played a 2 player game on the 20th to celebrate. I think I won (final score was 43 to  123, yeah, I definitely won).


The 21st was the 32nd anniversary of our wedding. I posted 2 photos to facebook--one from our wedding day and the other Eric took for us on our 32nd anniversary. We played 2 games that day...and Glen won both. We have changed our "you get a chocolate if you win" to "you get a chocolate if you lose." It helps to take the sting out of losing. I feel like I lose more than Glen, but it is actually a pretty even competition.

Beth and Glen 21 January 1989 St. George, Utah

Beth and Glen 21 January 2021 Fallon, Nevada

Alex was transferred to Holladay, Utah on Wednesday (a kind member took a photo of Alex and send it to us with the news of where he was going). We knew he would be near some cousins, but didn't know details. Thursday morning Kathy calls us to say that her daughter Becky had Alex and his companion show up on her doorstep--Alex is over her ward (along with other wards, too)! 

If you remember (did I tell you this?) that just before he was transferred to Wyoming a few months ago, he and Becky were living in the same apartment complex for a few weeks and didn't discover that that was the case until Alex was already in Wyoming. We were sad that they had missed the opportunity to see each other. Now we don't need to be sad any more. Too much fun!

Elder Townsend, Alex, and 2 other Elders made t-shirts this past week

just before leaving Rock Springs to go back to Salt Lake

And I got a new haircut on Friday. I had been letting my hair grow out and it needed reshaping. My sister-in-law, Debbie, who owns a hair salon, did a great job and I'm now embracing my wavy hair instead of fighting it... Of course, it looked better when Debbie did it, but I think I'll get better with more practice.

the back of my head after Debbie did my hair

The following 3 photos are after I did my hair and were taken by Glen.






And one last adorable photo...I stole this photo of our granddaughter, Joy, off of facebook. Isn't she precious?!


And we woke up to snow on Saturday morning! We've hardly had any this winter. It's soooo beautiful!

Saturday morning--it was still snowing a bit

Saturday morning

Only a little melted on Saturday, so we still have snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment