Sunday, February 16, 2020

Heather's fiddling and I'm not into spicy food

Congratulations to Heather! She recently competed in the Ajo Old Time Fiddle Contest in Ajo, Arizona. She placed 1st in her age division and 3rd in the "trick and fancy" division! Good job, Heather! She has also recently started teaching piano and violin again.

Yesterday, to celebrate our 31st anniversary and Valentine's Day, Glen and I went out to a buffet lunch at a new East Indian restaurant that recently opened in Fallon. We thought it was funny--I asked the waiter about the spiciness of the food. He assured me it wasn't spicy. Let me tell you, his definition of spicy is different from mine. Several of the dishes made our mouths burn. But it was fun, and there were a few dishes we really liked--but mostly the ones Glen liked and the ones I liked weren't the same ones. Maybe we'll go there again, but I think I'd prefer Oriental or Mexican food.

I'll be heading back to Brookings this week to help my mom out with a few more things. That means I'll be there for Mardi Gras (the 25th), so I'm bringing my gumbo recipe and my "Let the good times roll" t-shirt. Plus maybe a few beads.

Still unreal to think that dad won't be there.

"Grief, I've learned, is really just love. It's all the love you want to give, but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers in the corner of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in the hollow part in your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go." Jamie Anderson


I like posting pictures, but I don't have any from this week. However, as I was playing around and put Glen's name into google images search, I found a photo from the homecoming parade from October 2018 that the local newspaper had. So, here's our picture for the week.


Have a great week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment