Happy Mardi Gras! Mom and I had Bunco today and brought a huge pot of Gumbo for the potluck. Recipe here:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/gumbo-recipe-1916887
The ladies at Bunco are so nice. I got to play last month when I was here, too, and really enjoy it.
 |
| if they don't have enough players, a "dummy" is used--this one "honks" and I love her |
Tonight gave us a nice sunset, but we got to the beach a little late to get a really good photo.
Mondays are gardening days at the Manley Art Center. Mom unknowingly brought home a hitchhiker this week.
 |
| trees and bushes are starting to bloom everywhere! |
 |
| part of the Art Center's gardening area |
 |
| mom's hitchhiker |
 |
| mom setting the hitchhiker free |
I take a walk down to the harbor just about every morning and walk by a giant cement retaining wall that people love to use for chalk drawings. Every once in a while, they use the firehose to clean the wall, and then the art starts again. I got here just after they had cleaned the wall and were starting fresh.
 |
| Love it! |
I have seen the sun much more this trip than last, but there still has been a foggy morning or two.
 |
| one lonely daffodil |
No comments:
Post a Comment