Sunday, December 22, 2019

quilt, 1 semester more, Christmas, feeding calves

First off, Friday was my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Thanks for being such wonderful parents to me! I love you both!

Wednesday was the museum's last quilting meeting for this year's southwestern quilt (next year we're doing a Christmas quilt). When the week started, I was 4 months behind (meaning 4 rows behind as we did a row a month), so I spent most of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday finishing my quilt top. I love it. I hope it won't take me too long to actually quilt the thing. I have to decide if I'm just adding a small black border or if I'm adding 1' along the sides and bottom so I can use it on my bed (which is what I'm leaning towards doing).


Glen sold the 1996 manual transmission Saturn that Alex had been using. It served us well. I just hope it runs well and for a long time for the student who bought it.

Friday was the last day of fall semester. So Glen is officially down to one semester before he retires from school! We are pretty excited.

And on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Glen and Eric participated in the Live Nativity. Glen ran the spotlight while Eric, looking the part with his awesome beard, was one of the wise men (it's hard to tell, but that's his llama beside him...no camels for our wise men). Our nephew Ben was one of the shepherds. I went and saw the nativity sets display and ate cookies the first night (and watched the Nativity, of course).

Glen made the star for the Live Nativity

Eric as a Wise Man with a llama (no camels to be found) 
Ben is kneeling to the left of Joseph and Eric is kneeling front on Mary's right
Our tree, as I mentioned last week, has a new theme: silver and gold. Usually we wait until Christmas Eve and put a star up on top of our tree then, but this week I put up an angel that I had made in 4th grade in 1970 (so glad my mom was able to keep it in good condition while I was growing up so I can have it now!). I also added a few more ornaments to the tree this week.

tree topper is an angel I made in the 4th grade

with only 3 of us home this year, there aren't too many presents 
So, the last few months, Glen and I have been lax in our walking. We are trying to get back on track. It was about 30 degrees out yesterday morning went we went. I think our photo makes it look colder than it felt. But it was so good to be out and about.
it's always so beautiful on our walks
It was only 30 out but we were  bundled well


As we were walking, we happened upon the calves just as Eric and Brent were giving them their morning bottles. Brent drives the tractor while Eric drops the milk bottles into the holders on each calf pen.
part of Eric's job is taking care of the calves with Brent


We did not get to talk to Alex on Monday when he tried to call (as we were on a walk), but his email was great. Sounds like he's doing well. Besides missionary work, they made gingerbread houses, got to see the famous Christmas lights on Temple Square, and played pickle ball (though he'd rather be playing tennis). Because they cover 19 wards, he says that they've been attending a lot of church Christmas parties! He seemed to have had a great week that week.

I really love this photo Alex took. I think I'm going to have to get a print of it.

Elder Sivadon's house
Alex labeled this "My house (it's beautiful)." That it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment