Sunday, November 17, 2019

Alex's first week

I went on facebook last Sunday and a friend that used to live in Carson, Claudia, had sent me a picture labeled "Recognize anyone?" Sure enough, it was Alex!

Turns out the Elder in the picture, Elder VanWagenen, is the son of one of Claudia's best friends in Carson. When Claudia saw the picture in an email, she recognized Alex right away. Alex had met Elder W. at a scout leadership training camp in 2018, so when they bumped into each other in the MTC, they took a picture. Love it. (and Claudia says everyone looks short when standing next to a VanWagenen)

And here are some pictures you might have already seen since Alex sent them in his first email on his first P-day last Tuesday:

"Best Mountain District"

"Goofy Mountain District"

"Pink Tie Sunday"
In Alex's email, he said to guess which one was his companion, Elder Cordel. In case you weren't sure, in the bottom photo, he is the one in glasses on Alex's right in the left corner. Pink Tie Sunday was where the Elders on Alex's dorm floor wore pink ties. Alex had to borrow one as he does not own one.

Anyway, in his district, only Alex and Elder Cordel are going to the Utah Salt Lake City Mission. Six are going to the Idaho Boise Mission, 2 are going to Alaska Anchorage, and I didn't catch where the last 2 were going. Oh, Elder Cordel is from West Plains, Missouri which is below the boundaries of Thomas's mission.

I actually got to video chat with Alex a little Tuesday morning!  It's so weird to think that for my other boys we only get to talk on the phone twice a year and now I can actually video chat every week if Alex wants to. Love it. While chatting with Alex, I got to "meet" Elder Cordel. Alex says Elder Cordel is very funny and makes him laugh. Alex really likes his whole district. So, although he said he's had a few anxious moments, he seems to be doing well. I hope we get another good report this week.

Friday was Joy's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Joy! Hopefully we'll get some photos soon to post.

And it's that time of the year...I'm working on my Christmas cards. I love doing this every year, but I want to hurry and get them done so they are ready to go just after Thanksgiving. Now if I could just get the photos picked out and ordered then I'd really feel organized and on the ball.



And on a totally different note, the CCHS football team is going up against the Fernley Vaqueros in the State 3A championship next Saturday. Go Greenwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment