Sunday, March 24, 2019

surgery and celebrations

First off, my brother-in-law, Pat, will be going in for double by-pass surgery on Tuesday. As my sister says, we believe in the power of prayer. Our thoughts and prayers are with Pat and Denise and their family. Love you guys. We're praying hard for the Lord to guide the surgeons and for a quick recovery for Pat.

As for less important things, Wednesday was the first day of spring. In order to celebrate the arrival of spring, I made cupcakes to deliver. I've decided that having things to celebrate makes life more fun, so I looked up other holidays.

Did you know (and I'm sure you didn't) that today (March 24th) is Chocolate Covered Raisin Day? Tomorrow is Waffle Day (I'm pretty sure Hannah has celebrated that one before). The 26th actually has an entry called Make Up Your Own Holiday Day. Hmm...what would I choose? I'm pretty sure stay in bed all day eating chocolate is already a holiday...

One interesting day coming up is on the 30th. It's I Am in Control Day...coming from the fact that the 30th is the anniversary of when President Reagan was shot and the Secretary of State Alexander Haig said, "I am in control here." ...which led to his resignation. The day is touted as a chance to get things in order and under control. I like it.

They say I Am in Control Day is closely related to Panic Day...but that was March 9th, and I'm glad I missed it.

Anyway, family happenings for the week...

Glen and I had the chance to go to the Reno Temple on Tuesday. One of my former seminary students and son of friends and co-workers of ours, Tyler, was going for the first time. He will be heading to Japan on his church mission in three months. Attending such a session is always a special occasion. Glad we could make it. Tyler will be an excellent missionary and we are excited for him.

Glen's National Honor Society kids held a scholarship fundraiser with their annual X-treme Dodge Ball Tournament on Friday. There are 2 prizes awarded (movie passes this year): the team who wins the bracket and the team with the best outfits. Fruit of Doom won the outfit awards. They were so clever. Each player had a different colored shirt with altered fruit names on the back: Bombegranate, Slaughtermelon, Honey Dude, Mango Tango, Rawberry, Cutecumber, Fineapple, Broconut, and Grape Ape.

teachers (Sitting Ducks) vs Fruit of Doom

Mango Tango in action
And it was quilting week. I finished my row yesterday and love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment