Monday, March 18, 2019

Glen then Andrew's family

So, Thursday was 3-14... also known as Pi Day ... or Pie Day. At school, Glen's NHS kids had a fundraiser...they sold chances to put a pie in the faces of various teachers, the principal, and the school superintendent (who all volunteered to be pied). Good, clean fun...though I wouldn't want to be the one who pied the Superintendent or the Principal.

We often have pie for dinner on Pi Day. This year we had quiche for dinner and pudding cream pies for dessert. One of the little, fun things in life.

Bleed Green News, our high school's new program, recently interviewed Glen. They posted his interview in their broadcast this week.


On Saturday, Glen and I went to Reno as he was one of the judges for the state's Poetry Out Loud Contest. Andrew and Hannah had both participated in this contest before. Churchill County did not have an entrant this year, so Glen, who was a bit stressed about it, was asked to be a judge. He was so relieved when it was over.

I had picked the top 3 ... but had them in a different order. All 8 participants were girls...the one guy who won for his county was sick and couldn't attend. Anyway, Clark county (Vegas area) won, with Washoe county (Reno) coming in second, and Elko county third.




Thanks to Facebook and Heather's sister, I have a few photos to share of their Spring Break trip. Looks like a blast!
White Sands, NM--sledding on the sand

kayaking in Santa Elena Canyon, Big Bend

Henry and his Aunt Stacey

Joy-- who looks like she is well named!

And March Madness is here! We will pick our brackets in the next few days, and then the real fun begins! As I've said before, it's about the only time our family pays attention to sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment