Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bleed Green News, Track, Snow...

Alex's one fun class is Video Productions. Here's a recent broadcast he was in. If you know who J.P. Sears is, I told Alex he reminds me of J.P. Alex said he was told that by someone else, too.



Danny is on the track team but his paperwork hadn't gone through soon enough for him to participate in the first meet, which was here. Parents had to volunteer to help, so even though Danny wasn't running or jumping, I "got to" help (Glen was administering  the SAT test that day).

I helped with the timing (which is what I did last year when Alex was on the team). It's an easy enough job, only I was freezing. See me in the background of this photo--I'm in the white coat. I look cold, don't I? There's a home track meet on the 24th, but the weather is supposed to be nicer that day. Here's to hoping weather.com is correct.


Sam (Hoonsiri) is on the swim team and recently had his first meet. It was an away meet, so we didn't get to see (well, all the meets for swimming are away). I asked how it went and Sam replied something that made me think he didn't do too well. Then I saw the article from the newspaper showing that Sam did quite well. Congrats Sam!
https://www.nevadaappeal.com/sports/greenwave-swim-teams-ready-to-make-big-splash/


Sanches and Trotter finished first and second in the 200-yard freestyle in 2:40.29 and 2:54.53, and Alanis, Bivens and Hoonsiri swept the top three spots in the 200-yard freestyle in 2:18.75, 2:52.72 and 3:01.77...

In the 100-yard butterfly... For the boys, Bivens took second in 1:11.17, Hoonsiri was third in 1:16.82 and McAlexander finished fifth in 1:24.13...

In the 500-yard freestyle... For the boys, Bivens, Schulenberg, Alanis and Nemeth won the event in 1:49.97, and the team of Hoonsiri, McAlexander, Grimes and Seline took third in 2:12.01...

In the 400-yard freestyle relay, Fallon swept both the boys and girls with Bernard, Diede, Turnham and Wassmuth finishing the race in 6:16.08, and Bivens, Hoonsiri, McAlexander and Schulenberg finished in 5:15.66.


Last Friday, the 16th, Washoe County schools and Carson City schools canceled classes due to a snow storm from the previous night and that morning. Notice the difference in the amount of snow in Fallon vs. Carson, which is only about 60 miles away from us. Needless to say, we still had school (we did wind up with a heavy dusting, though).
Fallon March 16th
Carson March 16th
March Madness

Glen and I didn't get brackets in this year :( but Alex and Hannah did. Alex was #1 in the family from Thursday until this afternoon having predicted one upset (though not the record breaking #16 seed beating #1 seed Virginia...and Alex had had Virginia going all the way to win the tournament, so he's most likely out of the running). Anyway, there have been some great nail-biting games so far, including UNR's games. Too much fun. Just wish I had a bracket to cheer for. I guess I'll cheer for a bunch of upsets.

So, Ryan and Angeles have set the date and they are getting married on Thursday May 17th in the San Diego Temple with a reception there that night. We will have an Open House here in Fallon a week later.

And Joy's baby blessing is now set for Sunday April 8th in Provo at 10 am.

And Eric might be graduating from BYU-I on Friday April 13th.

And I'm overwhelmed just thinking of it all.    One...day...at...a...time...

No comments:

Post a Comment