If you can access facebook, then you should be able to access the music happening in the car Hannah was in:
https://www.facebook.com/michael.j.perazzo/videos/10214557791329122/
Christmas!
Breakfast was an egg and sausage casserole and a new-to-us strudel recipe (looks like a mummy...might have to adapt that for a Halloween treat).
Present time!
| Eric, once again, is the pickle finder, so he got to pass out the first present |
| Danny, Sam, and Hannah reading their letters from Gma and Gpa P |
| Eric and Ryan doing the same |
| Danny and Sam opening their gifts from Hannah...soda (I usually don't buy it) |
| Alex |
| Glen and me opening our gift from Alan... |
| ...which is a beautiful Christus statue! Thanks Alan! |
What was my best gift this year? Everyone pitched in to give me a 2 year subscription to Rosetta Stone to learn Mandarin! 谢谢 everyone!
So the day after Christmas, Hannah and I drove up to Oregon to my parents' place since my brother, Kyle, and his girlfriend, Melissa, were coming from New Hampshire. We had a wonderful few days together. It was so nice to finally meet Melissa! She is terrific! We didn't do too much...and it drizzled almost the entire time we were there. The sun was out for maybe 5 minutes total (but that's not why we were there, so it's okay).
Went to see the sunset at the beach the first night there. Gorgeous.
The next night we went to see the Festival of Lights at Azalea Park. It was AMAZING.
We played the card game 3 to 13 several times and even got my dad to join us! And we went to some thrift stores. It was short and sweet and we are so glad that we were able to go. We are just sad that Denise couldn't join us. However, we hope to see each other in a few months at Denise's.
I do not have any photos of us to post as when we took a photo my dad said, "I'd better not see this posted on your blog." I told him I would post it with a bar over his eyes so no one would recognize him...but I don't know how to do that. And Melissa didn't really want her picture taken, either, so the picture will just have to remain on my camera for now.
I'm happy to say we traveled home safely and uneventfully (last April when Hannah and I came back from Oregon it was snowy and slippery and scary).
We did stay up for New Year's, though it was a relatively quiet affair. At midnight Alex was the first to do 100 jumping jacks and the boys dropped some potatoes (while Hannah threw hers). I don't really understand this new tradition (being the first to do something in the new year), but the kids had fun, so that's good.
Hannah posted her hilarious year-in-review to facebook and youtube. I was laughing so hard I was crying.
She gave this disclaimer on facebook:
Hey,
y’all! If you weren’t around to check in on my 2017, I compiled a
video. May be the strangest 10 minutes you’d see today if you watched
it. But then, I don’t know your life. Nothing major or important, all
kind of on the dumb side, but that’s just me.
It ends with another 2017 single “Pancakes Are Closer,” so that’s kind of cool. Didn’t do so great with editing, so some pictures run almost awkwardly long. Sorry.
It ends with another 2017 single “Pancakes Are Closer,” so that’s kind of cool. Didn’t do so great with editing, so some pictures run almost awkwardly long. Sorry.
And can I just say that Glen's packages were labeled fu (pronounced foo)...which is part of the Chinese word for husband...and not f-u. Yeah, that system didn't work out too well.





No comments:
Post a Comment