Hannah, Grandma Perazzo, and I all have birthdays in December, so the three of us just all celebrated being able to add another candle to our birthday cakes (only Hannah and I opted to not have cakes this year...perhaps I'm still 55 then).
My birthday was one of the best. It started at 6 am, just before Alex and I left for seminary. They even got Sam and Danny out of bed to see me open my gifts (sorry guys!). One of which was a necklace that's the Chinese symbol for love that Glen got for me. I love it.
Hannah got me what I've always wanted...a clean house. She even filmed me opening her gift (I was unaware of that fact).
So, when I finally unwrapped all the layers, I found a play titled "The Clean House." Pretty funny. They are planning on giving the house a thorough cleaning for me.
Sam, Danny, and I went to the Christmas Tree lighting in downtown Fallon. The lighting of the tree is followed by fireworks.
Wednesday the 20th, besides being our first snow for the season, was my parents' 61st wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! You're amazing.
We also recently got Glen a better car. Our driveway now looks like a used car lot especially since Ryan and Eric are home from college for Christmas break. Glen's been driving a 1996 Saturn for the past year. He now has a 2002 Chevy Cavalier. Then there's Hannah's car, my car, and Glen's truck. We don't plan on keeping the Saturn, however.
So Christmas is upon us...and my Christmas cards, though made, don't have a letter or a photo to go in them yet. I always thought that having kids kept me from doing things on time. Now I know that it's just me. I just can't seem to get motivated enough to be on the ball. But I'm okay with that. We will write a letter and get the photos printed...maybe before the New Year arrives.
Merry Christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment