http://www.nevadaappeal.com/sports/a-new-generation/
The 4×400 relay team of Alex Perazzo, William Howard, [Tristen] Mathisen and [Zeke] Washington finished third at 4:07.62 , while the 4×100 team of Howard, [Kayden] Orong, [Caden] Bowman and Perazzo finished sixth at 51.34.
"Relays also ran very well," [Coach] Heck said. "I was especially proud of the 4×400. They ran really hard and held off a couple teams to get the third spot." [Alex says that that is not necessarily a good time for the event however]
On Friday May 12th, Truckee Meadows Community College had its graduation ceremony. Hannah didn't want to walk, but she could have. She earned her Associates. Congratulations, Hannah!!!
![]() |
| She obviously loves the balloon we got for her |
Was there somewhere else I was supposed to be tonight? Oh well. #aceball #betterthangraduation
![]() |
| The Aces played the recently renamed New Orleans Baby Cakes. |
My mom's Ancestry.com DNA results came back. We know her mom is of German stock and her dad is French Canadian.
This stuff totally fascinates me. This is how we compare. Numbers in ( ) are considered "low confidence" results. Remember that many areas overlap (Ireland is Ireland, Wales, and Scotland while Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales, for example).
Dad Beth Mom
Europe West 21% 66 % 50% wow...I'm more European West than either parent
Ireland 22 13 21
Scandinavia 32 10 15
Great Britain 12 5 7
Iberian Peninsula 10 (5) (1)
Then Mom and I each have a 1% "low confidence" of European Jewish.
Then
Italy/Greece (2) (less than 1)
Finland/NW Russia (less than 1) (1)
And mom has 3% "low confidence" West Asia, which includes places like Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey and is also found in Bulgaria, Jordan, Greece, Italy, Kuwait, Palestine, Romania, and Turkmenistan. Pretty cool.
Also, Ancestry now has something called "Genetic Communities." I had not seen this before. They are adding new things to their databases, I guess.
Dad has 3:
very likely-Settlers of the Coastal Carolinas (which we know is true)
Mom has 1:
I have 2:
So, Glen's play season is winding down. "Acting Can Be Murder" played Friday and Saturday nights and closes Monday night. One actor couldn't come, so our nephew, Ben, got to fill in. He did a great job. It was a funny play and the audience seem to really enjoy it. I know I did.
Wednesday night Glen's theater I students are putting on a one act version of "Oliver Twist" where Ben plays Fagan. Another one act, "The Gold Mine of Jeremiah Flats," will also be performed that night.
![]() | |
| Ben is the actor on the left |
![]() |
| Glen, Alex, Hannah, and I played Castles of Mad King Ludwig. Hannah creamed us all. |
We had a family dinner with Glen's extended family in the evening. The men prepared the food, as they always do for Mother's Day. Glen's contribution was a huge batch of baked potatoes. It was all delicious, as it always is, and we had a wonderful time.
So that brings us to one more week of seminary and two more weeks of school. It's so cool out this evening it's hard to believe that summer vacation is almost here!




No comments:
Post a Comment