Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Spring Break, Andrew's game Somerset, + miscellaneous items

The events of Spring Break itself are not spectacular or photo worthy, but we thoroughly enjoyed our week. Each day I worked on cleaning and decluttering a different room. It was great to sleep in a little and just be together. Gave us a taste for summer and we are excited for it. Only 5 weeks left!

Friday night, Glen and I went to the induction ceremony for Phi Theta Kappa's chapter at TMCC. Phi Theta Kappa is the honor society. Hannah is the Vice-President of the chapter and was the one who gave the opening and closing remarks.  We met some very nice people and had a great time.


Andrew met with a professional game designer about a game he's developed, Somerset. The man was very interested in it. Andrew posted about the meeting on his blog. Click to read all about it. https://agamedesignersblog.blogspot.com/2017/04/my-meeting-with-alan-bahr-professional.html

And speaking of Andrew: Happy 4th Anniversary Heather and Andrew!

Hannah, Alex, Heather, Andrew, Beth, Glen, and Ryan Salt Lake City 25 April 2013

KI7MGI...that's my call sign for the Ham radio (for now, anyway, as I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a vanity call sign ending in PRZ). I now have a radio, too, thanks to the generosity of a donor. Apparently the man who donated the books we used for the class and then bought radios for those who passed the test received an inheritance from his brother, and one of the things he is using the money for is to promote Ham radios. I am one of the lucky recipients. Now I just have to learn how to use my new radio. The class was about the rules and laws, not about how to use one.

my new radio is a hand-held type


"Remember the Titans" is a movie I've heard about for years, but I finally just saw it during my most recent sub job (and in case you might think the teacher was being lax in letting me show a movie, it went with an in-depth worksheet dealing with all different kinds of communication shown in the movie--I'm glad I didn't have to turn in a worksheet). Anyway, I LOVED this movie. If I find it in the bargain bin at Walmart, I just might buy it.

But, as always, when I watch a movie based on true events, I want to know what was true and what was fiction used to move the story along. Turns out there's a website called chasingthefrog.com that you can look such things up on. So, some of the fun and interesting parts of the movie were fiction, but it was still a great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment