Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Break is starting

Today is Easter and our Easter Break is just starting. Our church has great Easter campaigns every year. This year it's #PRINCEofPEACE. It's short, but it's a wonderful tribute to the Savior. How grateful I am for my knowledge of my Savior and His great Atoning Sacrifice.


Being Easter, we had a family dinner today. I was in charge of dessert.  I wound up doing a carrot cake cheesecake from Mel's Kitchen Café (https://www.melskitchencafe.com/carrot-cake-cheesecake/).  I even bought a springform pan so I could make it properly (I've been watching the Great British Baking Show on netflix and felt inspired). I love Pinterest. I found 2 great Easter desserts there. I made a bunny garden and then Glen helped me with the lamb cupcakes.



I made very small Easter baskets this year...2"x2"

Remember how Alex was going to take a math test for the state competition? Well, he didn't place in the state, but he came in first for Churchill County High School, which means he gets $25 as his prize. Congrats Alex! They even talked about it as part of the Greenwave News broadcast (go to 1:20 where they mention him).


Henry's 2nd birthday was on Wednesday, but that's when Heather left on a field trip to the Lytle Ranch in Arizona for one of her classes, so they celebrated Henry's birthday today. Maybe we'll have pictures to share next week. After Heather left on her trip, Ryan arrived to spend the rest of his spring break with Andrew.

a recent photo of Andrew, Henry, and Heather
picture from Heather's biology trip

More Andrew news from his blog (https://agamedesignersblog.blogspot.com/):

"This upcoming Wednesday the 19th I am meeting with Alan Bahr, a professional game designer, and pitching him the game Somerset to hopefully become published. Pray for me! It's super exciting. I think I've worked all the bugs out. I got some good feedback from Eric, Ryan, and Emilyn. And Becky too, she played twice and won both times. So I think it's about ready to be shown off."

Good luck Andrew!!!

And a shout out to my sister, Denise, who spent her spring break last week with bronchitis. I'm so sorry that you are so sick! I hope you feel better soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment