The road to Rexburg...was long, snowy, and thankfully, now behind us.
We had a wonderful Christmas with everyone here, but when it was time for everyone to travel back home it was a little nerve-wracking due to the weather. My parents had to leave a day early (and take a longer route) because of it. Andrew, Heather, and Henry also had a longer trip than usual due to having to drive slowly in the snow.
We thought we had found a ride for Eric and Ryan to get back to Rexburg 3 different times, but in the end we had to take them. And then get back home again. We left Monday around 12:30 pm and we got as far as Wells (about 1/2 way), where we decided it was safest to stop for the night due to the snow and slick roads. It was only 5:30 pm.
Tuesday morning, with the roads a bit better, we headed east for Salt Lake instead of north for Twin Falls. We figured that the roads would be in better condition, even if the route was longer. We made it to Rexburg, dropped the boys off, and headed straight back home since worse weather was due in on Wednesday. We arrived home 3:50 am Wednesday morning. There had been snowy patches and some rain, but it wasn't nearly as stressful as going to BYU-I. Glad to be home!
Hannah had been in Reno, so Alex enjoyed being on his own for 2 days. We asked how it went. He loved the fact that he could turn up his music and then go into another room to work on something. I don't think he missed us.
Hannah tried to make it home from Reno this week and had to turn around in Fernley and go back to Reno because the road was so bad. Glen and I had to cancel our plans to go to the temple and do some shopping. And then today, church was cancelled due to icy roads. We are so grateful, though, for we need all the water we can get.
Glen and I had a date yesterday! We saw "Rogue One" at the old movie theater. It turned out to be a private showing since we were the only ones in that theater. It was great because then we could make comments and not worry about disturbing others.
Alex and I have been playing games. I've only won two out of ten games. And when I lose, I don't just lose, I get creamed. But it's been fun.
Alex and I have 2 more days to play games before school starts up again for him. Glen goes back to work tomorrow.
![]() |
| Rexburg Temple |
![]() |
| I love this photo that Glen took with my phone while I was driving |
| Thursday 5 Jan 2017 our yard |
| walking Perazzo Lane |
| using my zoom |
| our yard later that day |



No comments:
Post a Comment