One of our cars died a few months ago. Glen sometimes borrowed my car, but mostly he's been using his truck. However, his truck has many quirks and I was afraid he was going to get stranded some day. He carried an extra battery around just so he could jump his own truck when needed without bothering others. We were hoping to get the Camry fixed, but that hasn't happened yet.
Anyway, early Tuesday afternoon Hannah mentioned her friend was selling a 1996 Saturn. After school Glen went for a test drive and bought it that same afternoon. None too soon as Wednesday morning (before we had registered the Saturn), he was again having trouble with his truck on the way to school. We are excited and hope it proves to be reliable, but we mainly need it to just get him back and forth to school, so we think it will be perfect.
One of my favorite musicals is "The Slipper and the Rose" with Richard Chamberlain as the Prince. It's a Cinderella story. Anyway, I finally broke down and ordered it on Amazon during the holidays, only I didn't pay close enough attention to the description as it turns out my copy is not configured for US DVD players.
Our computer has come to my rescue and changed its configuration so I was able to watch my movie this week. One of my all-time favorite scenes from any musical (which I think I posted to my blog years ago) is when the king and a bunch of older men sing and dance about protocol in the library.
This past week was our annual trip to Utah for the Utah Theatre Association's conference. This year it was in St. George. Due to all the bad weather, we were happy we were traveling south.
Anyway, we always see 2 plays, and then, of course, there are workshops. This year we saw The Diviners (which is a slow moving story that reminded me, because of its slow pace and lack of a major problem to solve, of the movie The Whales of August). Dixie High did a great job. The fact that so many fell asleep during it was just because they were exhausted ... and it was slow paced. I loved it.
Our second play was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The Desert Hills High School did a fabulous job with Joseph. My favorite song from that play is Close Every Door.
I rode down with a mother of one of the students while Glen rode the bus with the kids. Glen arrived home last night around 2 am. I am currently sitting in a hotel room. It's almost time for church and then I'll be heading home (thankfully the weather should be good). It's been a fun weekend.
And can I just say that Golden Corral has the best buffet!

I don't think I've ever seen Donny shirtless before ... beautiful song. Without researching much your Slipper and the Rose sounds a lot like Mary Poppins and maybe a little Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It was a good era.
ReplyDelete