Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hannah's house, hanging out with the boys, Henry, and home maintenance

Last Sunday it became official. Hannah found a place to stay in Reno! She'll be sharing a house with 4 other girls near the UNR campus (and not too far from her TMCC campus). For the first time in her life she will be sharing a bedroom. She'll spend Monday-Thursdays there, come home to work at the movie theater here on Fridays and Saturdays, and then teach Sunday School (on Sunday of course) before heading back to Reno. She gets to move in May 1st. Excited for her to have that experience. Excited for me that I don't have to worry about her driving back and forth early and late 4 days a week.

It was a relaxed week for Eric, Ryan, and me. And a fun week for all of us. We played a lot of games and just vegged, so there really isn't much to write about.

Oh, Andrew, I finally managed to (just barely) win "Castles of Burgundy." It came down to a tie-breaker against Alex, but I won. :) (Lost just about everything else we played this week though...my losing streak that started while I was at your house lasted for many games)

Eric and Ryan are headed back to Rexburg today and start their new semester tomorrow. Eric is again taking 4 art and 2 religion classes. Ryan will have physics and a lab, calculus, religion, and an Energy in the 21st century class. They are staying in their same apartment, but are getting some new roommates.
heading back (with their in-between-semesters' facial hair most BYU male students feel the need to grow)
Tuesday was Henry's 1st birthday. We got to "talk" to him on the phone. Wish we could have been there, but at least I was just recently with him.

Love this--first family photo I've seen where Henry is standing instead of being held!
Easter egg hunt!
Henry's first Easter
love that smile!
making messes on his 1st birthday
Glen, who lately has been spending most of his "extra" time building set for "The Sound of Music," took one of his personal days on Thursday to be with the boys and do some home maintenance. Besides going to the temple with us, he he went under the house where he changed the water filter and fixed a small leak. Yea for water pressure! He also fixed our toilet (did you know there is a filter inside the toilet tank? I didn't. Our tank was taking 20 minutes to refill before Glen fixed it). And of course we played games.

Sad news for the week. Chloe went missing. She's gotten out many times over the years, but has always quickly returned (or been returned). At first, I kept thinking I'd open the door and see her. I no longer think that because I can't picture her surviving so many nights outside without returning home, but maybe she's been taken in by someone. But, I'm thinking the worst. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment