Birthday:
Ryan had his 22nd birthday on Wednesday the 6th. Finals week for him. We'll celebrate tomorrow. Happy Birthday Ryan!
Wedding:
Congratulations go out to Michael and Alicia who were married in the Monterrey Mexico Temple on Wednesday! Many were able to travel to be there with him. One absentee was his brother, Daniel, who couldn't attend at the last minute because he and his wife had just been given an opportunity to adopt a baby boy! David and Jackie gain a daughter-in-law and a grandson in the same week! Congratulations to everyone!
![]() |
| Sarah, Dallin, Alicia, Dad, Mom, David, Alicia, Michael, Jackie, Della, Susan, Jacob, Brandon |
Travels:
No, we didn't travel to Mexico for the wedding, but I did get the chance to go to Utah. We couldn't find a ride home from Rexburg for Eric and Ryan for their week-long break between semesters, so a Great Plan was hatched.
I drove to Provo on Thursday and got to stay with Andrew, Heather, and Henry!
Henry almost has 2 teeth, and his tricks include clapping, waving bye-bye, "singing" to a Frozen song, "dancing," and he took 3 steps in a row while I was there (normally he takes one and then sits down and crawls). He will be 1 this Tuesday! He is such a happy baby.
| practicing his walking |
![]() |
| he's reaching for the kindle. people say it looks like he took a selfie. |
Eric and Ryan were able to find a ride to Provo and they came on Friday. Andrew invited Becky and Joseph over and we played games until midnight. For the record, I played about 9 games while I was at Andrew's. I lost every single one. It was still fun.
Eric, Ryan, and I left for Fallon on Saturday morning. Short and sweet.
| Eric, Becky, and Andrew playing Tzolk'in |
| Ryan and Joseph playing a tank game online during our Tzolk'in game. Silly boys. |
Dancing with the Stars:
One of my seminary students, Sharah, was in Fallon's 9th Annual Dancing with the Stars last night, and the fact that her dance partner Cary is a friend, one of our church leaders, and our dentist, I really wanted to go. Luckily we made it home from Utah in time so I could attend. The evening did not disappoint. Pure enjoyment and entertainment. Sharah and Cary even won!
Besides the couples that are competing, the various dance groups also perform. Our great-niece Brinley was one of them. Adorable.
![]() |
| Brin and her partner dancing to the theme from Ghostbusters |
![]() |
| Sharah and Cary start out reminiscing about their younger days... |
![]() |
| ...then they act as they did when they were young and dance to "Footloose" |
![]() |
| Sharah also performed in several other numbers, this one is "Zorro" |
![]() |
| a cute competition number "I Don't Dance" (Hey Batter Batter Swing) from High School Musical |
![]() |
| Another great competition number by mom and son Robertson, this one to the Mario music |
![]() |
| a second mother/son duo, the Sorensens, dancing to the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean |
![]() |
| and this is what Glen has been spending his time on lately--building set for The Sound of Music |
Lastly, here is the video I took of Glen when he and his partner D'Ana took second place when he was in Dancing with the Stars in 2010. I was at the wrong angle to see it clearly, but he has a knife in his pocket that he shows the audience in the beginning. The music is the tango from the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," which is about 2 assassins married to each other who are given orders to kill each other. 2010 was the year they performed twice in the same evening--this recording is from the performance at the junior high. Then they performed at the high school where the judging occurred.














No comments:
Post a Comment