Monday, February 15, 2016

visitors for the weekend

A great way to spend a 3-day weekend is with company. Our niece, Haley, her husband, Matt, and their 8 week old baby girl, Chloe, came to visit. They especially came so my in-laws could see their newest great-grand. Only mom got sick and only got to see Chloe from a distance for a few minutes. :(  Hope you feel better soon, Mom.

We had a family dinner yesterday where most everyone got to meet Chloe. Our family, of course, got to spend the most time with Haley, Matt, and Chloe. It was a short visit, but we got to teach them two new games (7 Wonders and Kingsburg) and we had a great time talking. Chloe was on her best behavior, too. They were also able to tour the dairy as well. I hope they visit again soon.


totally precious

Glen and I usually don't do anything for Valentine's Day, but this year I broke the bank and paid $1.19 for a package of tic tacs to which I taped on a new label that I had printed from off the internet and gave him this:


Other happenings this week included a great Relief Society meeting on Thursday night. Drops of Awesome. Sometimes, we don't recognize all the good we do. We focus on what we didn't do. This is to help us recognize our awesomenss.

Check out what it was based on, if you are interested:
http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

I saw a podiatrist this week. I'm learning the importance of good, supportive shoes. They should take care of my neuroma in my left foot (irritation and thickening of the nerves).

Glen and Alex put some of our Christmas decorations over into storage. Our trees are still up, however. Whenever I mention taking them down, Hannah vehemently opposes the idea. I kind of like them up, too. So they are still up.

Alex and I also played some games. I only won one (7 Wonders against Haley and Matt as well as Alex), but it's always fun.

ready to start playing Five Tribes...he beat me 262 to 211

1 comment:

  1. Terra sent me that article a while ago. I think about it a lot. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete