Thursday, December 3, 2015

wonderful week together, H's bday, and temporary retirement...

Thanksgiving Break

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with everyone coming home. Ryan got in Tuesday night with no problems. Andrew had to teach on Wednesday, so they wound up literally driving all night long in the snow, getting in at 5:45 am, but they made it safely.

We had a wonderful time while they were here. Henry isn't quite crawling yet (which made life easy for us as we didn't have to baby-proof the house!), though he scoots around in a circle. And he definitely says "Mama." Andrew says he also says "Dada," but I didn't get to hear that.

Thanksgiving dinner was at Mom and Dad's with games at Kathy's the next day. Hannah, Heather, and I did just a little bit of Black Friday shopping in Reno. Hobby Lobby is such a fun store, especially during the holidays. I am now mostly done with my Christmas shopping. I think the last time I was done this early is the year Eric wound up in the hospital for almost 2 weeks with a burst appendix. Hoping I just get to enjoy being done...

Anyway, we took some family photos to send out with our Christmas cards, since Hannah wasn't pleased with the ones we took this summer. Don't know yet which we'll use.


Henry got to open his Christmas gifts since he won't be here then
Eric's classes

We signed Eric up for his classes, and then the college sent us a list of how the classes Eric took at WNC match what he needs. We were able to drop 2 of the classes he had signed up for and add others because it turns out that he only needs his art classes for his major and the required religion classes. That means he might be done in 5 semesters, so we are happy about that.


Only one teenager left in the house

Hannah had her 20th birthday on Tuesday. However, she was in Reno most of the day for classes, so we haven't really celebrated it yet. Seems our family is rarely all together these days, but we'll have cake and ice cream soon...I hope.


Forced temporary retirement

My subbing license is about to expire. I turned in my renewal one month ahead of time, but the Nevada Dept of Ed is running 1 1/2-2 months behind. They are currently working on applications for 3 weeks before I submitted mine. I won't be able to sub from Monday on until they renew my license...which looks like it will be right around when Christmas break starts. Although the money would be nice at Christmas time, I'm actually happy to have more time at home so I can enjoy the holidays more.

No comments:

Post a Comment